Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Online image generators

Ok, these were fun. I started out the day being very frustrated the the "meez" site, because it just wouldn't load for me, and then when it finally did, everything I tried to do came up as an error. But now I've gone back to the exercise and tried a few more sites with much greater success. The Generator Blog had so many interesting places to visit. I really enjoyed playing around with those. The first I visited was the sketch generator, where you upload a photograph and it converts the image so it looks like a pencil sketch. After that, I tried the ASCII generator, which, again, converts images, but this time into a series of 0's, 1's, or whatever characters you choose. It's well worth checking out. The problem I encountered however was that there was no good way to save the converted image, or else I would have pasted one here for you to see. But it's well worth visiting at http://www.text-image.com/convert/ . Also be sure to check out the "pirate name generator", the "romance cover generator", and a favorite of mine for years... "The Wu Name Generator" for those of you who just have to feel a part of the Wu Tang Clan. Old Dirty Bastard... you'll be missed.

1 comment:

JimD said...

I loved the image generators and spent waaayyyyy too much time there. I thought they were just-for-fun sorts of things but since then I've cooked up some amusing stuff to punch up some presentations. You never know what's going to turn out to be useful.