Thursday, June 21, 2007

LibraryThing

At least this site was easy to use. It serves as an easy place to keep track of the books that you've read. There is even provided space to track how long it took you to read, how much you enjoyed it, and so on. I could see this being of use to some of our patrons who come in regularly and can't remember if they've read certain titles, or which authors they enjoy. Alternately, it's a fine way to see what books are favorites of those with similar taste. Sadly, I'm not really certain how I'll make use of LibraryThing after this program. I can't really say that this will be one of my go-to sites in the future. If you get the urge to check out my awesome page, on which I did the absolute bare minimum of work, head on over to http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=lupus706&shelf=list

1 comment:

JimD said...

I like Library Thing and set up an account for myself there. Of course, every time you do that you have to remember to keep it up to date. That's the biggest challenge. Of course, most of what's on my page is book group books so when I match my interests with other people I get mostly book group folks. One of these days I'll fill in all the books I can ever remember having read. That'll take free time that doesn't seem to be available at the moment, though!