Wednesday, June 20, 2007

RSS Feeds

Well I sure did not enjoy this assignment. At first setting up the RSS feeds seemed simple. I visited Bloglines, made an account, and was able to find quite a few topics that were of interest to me. However, after selecting my topics of interest, I was informed that there weren't any RSS feeds available for those selections. Why would Bloglines include them as options if they wouldn't actually provide a feed? So in the end, I got only one of the feeds that I wanted and had to scour the net looking for more. It would have just been easier to go to each individual site that I wanted and read the most up to date news. I really didn't find this useful at all. I will continue to explore the options though, as I do know that some people have had great success with RSS feeds. I'll be sure to keep at it.

2 comments:

JimD said...

I think we're approaching the rss feed thing in a less-than-natural way. Most of the time I don't think people really go out there and hunt up items to put in their lists. You tend to add them when you bump into an interesting site that offers them. I bet we'll all end up chucking our original selections as we find ones that are more interesting/useful for us.

Ellen said...

Jim's right. I never search through Bloglines. I just add sites when I find them. Then I read whatever appeals to me that day. It helps me to keep track of some pretty good sites for work and for personal stuff like cooking.