Monday, August 13, 2007

Thing #13: Mmmm... Del.icio.us

The worst part of this "thing" was definitely the video posted from the Otter Group, describing what Delicious was and how it could be used. I'm sure the narrator is a fine woman, but she should never ever be allowed to speak again. Her voice is quite capable of putting a charging rhino into a coma. I'm not even sure what she talked about, I only seem to remember it being very very dull.
But once I was done yawning my way thru the presentation, I was quickly impressed with the site itself. I of course visisted the PLCMCL2 delicious page and was impressed with what I found. The categorical breakdown of their bookmarked sites made it very easy to see what items were found to be of value by the administrators, and some of it did seem to be quite useful. I was especially happy to see a "parent's guide to myspace" on the homepage, which is of course a current hot topic.
I'm sure there are some very silly delicious sites out there, but in the right hands, I can really see this being a useful tool.

No comments: