Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Thing #19: Web 2.0 Awards

Ok, so I might have cheated a bit on this one. When I initially looked at the categories for the awards, my heart sunk. Business, marketing, and networking are not my favorite things and I anticipated a long dull session of trying to force myself to be interested in a topic that bored me. Then I found the "games" heading. Hot damn. I was pretty happy. The top award winner was a site called arcaplay, and it was great. The site features games that are played in flash, and some of them are strangely addictive for such simple programs. Granted these gaming sites are purely for pleasure and seem to hold very little in the way of help for productivity, but that's not really a bad thing. So much of our 23 Things have focussed on how to use the internet more effectively as a tool. That's all fine, but I'm glad to have found a good site that will help me during the down time. I'm often looking for a simple game to play to help me relax, and this provides me with nearly limitless options. I've found alot of gaming sites in the past that were disappointing, but finally the web 2.0 awards seem to have pointed me in the right directions.

No comments: