Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thing # 7: Anything Technology

Ok, this is the easy one. The only trick was figuring out which bit of technology in my life I wanted to write about. I guess I'll go with my new computer. My old PC just wouldn't play the games I wanted it to, so I started the long search online for something I could actually afford. I finally found a refurbished model for about $300 with a good processor and motherboard, and enough other bits and pieces to get me started. But it didn't stay in its original form for too long, as I cannibalized my old CPUs and created a franken-puter which will hopefully last me for a few years to come. I cracked open my old PCs and tore out a few sticks of RAM, a graphics card, a DVD ROM, and a DVD burner. Getting all of these new bits working together and happy was quite the chore. My computer still has some problems playing videos. But largely things are cruising along now, and I can play a number of games I couldn't have access to before. The fact I went to so much effort for games is proof that I am, in fact, a dork.

No comments: