Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Thing #18: Zoho Writer

I really very high hopes for this "Thing" as Microsoft Word is a terrible program and I was eager to see something better. Sadly that didn't happen. Zoho's screen is small and cramped, the icons aren't easy to identify instinctively, and navigation is a bit awkward. Plus I wasn't allowed to type in Times New Roman 12 pt font. I could use that font or that size, but not both together. If I were in high school, where that was the only acceptable style and size to use, I'd have been totally out of luck. Even after logging out and going back in, this problem wasn't truly fixed. I could use the typeset I wanted, but random elements of the page flashed into and out of existence with each letter I typed. I would have been on the floor with a seizure if I had actually been forced to type a full document. My word processing woes seem to continue. I guess I'm doomed to live out my days without a program that will simply do exactly what I tell it, without guessing about my formatting preferences, denying me the ability to use the font of my choosing, or harrassing me with a winking talking paper clip.

No comments: