Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thing #21: Locating Podcasts

Well my ignorance was quickly and brutally exposed when I began work on this Thing. For as long as I've heard the word "podcast" I thought that a podcast was an audio file available online for those who owned an IPod. Not owning one myself, I totally ignored every mention of a podcast as soon as it entered my ears. Well, I guess that was silly. Armed with the knowledge that I could actually make use of these resources, I eagerly began to explore the various podcasting directory sites that were suggested. At first I was a bit disappointed. I had hoped to find podcasts from some of my favorite political commentators, but came up empty. Discouraged, I continued looking and was pleased to find podcasts dealing with some of my favorite topics. I was interested to see the ways in which different directories organized their listings. Happily, each method was familiar from other online directories, and I was pleased that they decided to use tried and true methods rather than experimenting with untested and needlessly complex organizational schemes.

No comments: